Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdie

Any ideas on good tutorials about practical aspects of working with ac circuits inc line - in leads ,transformers,safety precautions?
Thanks

Here is some basic theory - **broken link removed**

I don't know if that helps any.

What kind of stuff are you looking to work with? Heavy industrial 3 phase power type AC or smaller circuits like audio and radio signals?

Thanks for help.
I have being doing hobby electronics with dc supply, however i am cautious aboutb using ac and dont quite understand the schematics. Do i take my supply from mains to transformer or do i need special equipment? What sort of line in lead do i need? Basically it is the practical aspect over theory i am after.
Thanks again.

Do you have some schematics you could post? If you can do that, we can give some input.

Transformers are commonly used to change voltages, but can also have other uses. So seeing a schematic would help.

Both AC and DC are dangerous depending on the voltage.

Here is a small artical on the dangers of electricity. dangers of electricity explained

If you want to post a bit more about what your trying to do or make, we can answer you better.

Andy

It's frequency dependent too.

50/60Hz is moder dangerous than DC but 50kHz is safer than DC.

Generally below 60VDC or 25VAC is considered to be safe but don't be surprised if you feel at tingle at voltages >30VDC or 12VAC if you have damp skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back