Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC PSC motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Hello everyone,
I happen to have a spare PIC16F73 on my hands, as well as an AC PSC (permanent split capacitor) motor that needs variable speed.

What's the easiest way to electronically control the speed of a PSC motor? The input would be a simple variable resistor or rheostat.

What would be the way to go about this? I have no idea where to start.

Is there a general avoidance of new users on this forum? As on my last post, nobody has any ideas to help out?

Most members here whouldn't try to control the speed on that type of motor, becuase it's not easy to do, and attempting to do so can damage the motor. That's why you're not getting any response.

Last edited:
See, I didn't know that. It's helpful to know that something isn't easy.
By the way, this is a 20 year old Bodine Electric motor from a vibraphone, and there was an original control circuit.
Also, there's **broken link removed**.

I'm just surprised at the lack of responses I've been getting, ad this is my second thread. Last time I ended up figuring it out on my own; however now I'm trying to do something I really don't know how to do yet.

I believe the problem here is you are asking questions about an AC motor on an electronics forum. I have worked in the electronics industry for 35 years and know a lot of people who work in electronics. I would say very few of them have any idea of just how AC electric motors operate. Perhaps there is a forum somewhere that has more to do with AC electric motors.

Last edited:
Anyone who can read and comprehend those references really don't need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back