Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about solar tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinng

Just a simple question, can the circuit shown here works?
I have constructed the circuit, and apply a 9v DC voltage, but it seems like not working at all...

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Desktop/fyp/2.jpg

This is the circuit loos like
**broken link removed**

This is how I wanted to construct the structure of the tracker
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
To show us an image, you either have to put it in an "album" on this site and give a link to it like you did, or use the "manage attachments" button in the editor to upload it as an attachment. Looks like you tried to give us a link to the picture on your local computer's desktop, which ain't gonna work.

Well I suppose we could have a look but it would be quickerif he did the above

ok, thank you very much..
I've done the the uploading..
but now there's another problem, can a RC hobby servo motor use in this circuit?
because I just realised that a RC servo motor receive signal like PWM or from PIC instead of a signal from comparator, is that true?
Then is there any better choice of motors that I could be considered?

RC hobby servo motor with op-amp comparator

I am a final year project student, I need to build a solar tracker which requires a low rotational speed. I have a few questions about the topic, the circuit is shown below.

1.Can a RC hobby servo motor use in a H-bridge and connected to a LM1458 comparator?

2. If it doesn't work like that, then what motor should I use for high torque low speed purpose?

3. can a bipolar stepper motor use in this circuit?

**broken link removed**

hi kevinng,
Its pointless and confusing to open 6 threads on the same topic.

generally you are looking to pick off certain voltages. You do not need much current flow into the LM1458 . The combination shown gives useable values . You can use anything else if it will give the right voltage levels but you just don't want to use any more power than you have too

The resistors are somewhat arbitrary. But the photocell and the dividers are ratiometric with the power supply. High values of R conserve power.

On value is off slightly so it provides some amount of hysteresis if the adjustments are pegged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back