Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About interfacing webcam to STM32

Status
Not open for further replies.

marwen

I want to use the STM32F4 microcontroller to receive a video stream then stream it over ethernet with the rtsp protocol .

I need you guys to tell me wich circuit would be the best for interfacing with STM32.

Can I interface a webcam with the STM32 via the USB OTG ? (I have basic ideas about usb protocol, but the problem is that the webcam I have is not supported by linux so there is no code source for the drivers, so no Endpoint references ...)

Is it possible to define Endpoints and vendor-specific commands that trigger the bulk transfer of video ( streaming ) by debugging the usb traffic ?

Or, would you recommend another circuit that provide video stream simple to interface with the STM32 .

I know this is kind of crazy thing to do, but I'm asking how hard it's gonna be ?

Let me know what you think of this project ?

PS: The rtsp part of the project is not the purpose of this topic .

Thanks in advance.

I seem to remember ST announcing an embedded uLinux type project for the ARM a while ago, prolly better to investigate that sort of route so you can put your efforts where they matter most. I see no point in re-inventing the wheel. Although it seems to me to be a perfect application for a pi or similar off the shelf board :)

Thanks for your answer :)
Unfortunately embedded Linux is not option here so I have to do this from scratch .
The web cam interfacing might be the issue here so i considered interface a camera circuit instead .
Would you recommend a chip that works great on an STM32F4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back