Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Simple program for MAX238CNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice-egoz

Hi. Do u have a short and simple program so that I can test my MAX238CNG and fully understand the program? Maybe U can also tell me what I need to test. Thanks.

ice-egoz said:
Hi. Do u have a short and simple program so that I can test my MAX238CNG and fully understand the program? Maybe U can also tell me what I need to test. Thanks.

As far as I know a MAX238 is just a voltage converter?, so it's not programmable at all. In order to test it you need a micro-controller running serial communication software and a PC to connect to.

Have a look at my tutorials for PIC examples using a MAX232.

ok.

Hi, yes I have all that. I have a BASIC Stamp micro-controller. How do i do it den? Do u have a small program? Cos Im not using PIC. What do i need? capacitors? wires?

Re: ok.

ice-egoz said:
Hi, yes I have all that. I have a BASIC Stamp micro-controller. How do i do it den? Do u have a small program? Cos Im not using PIC. What do i need? capacitors? wires?

I don't have STAMP code, only assembler, presumably STAMP code is provided in the instructions with the STAMP? - from what I remember the STAMP includes a serial output command.

My tutorials include details of how to connect a MAX232, I don't quite see why you need the 238?.

Lets see..

I don need the MAX238 but then I didnt buy it. My supervisor got it so we'll be using it. Therefore thanks for the help that ive received so far. Ill contact over here again if i do have qns. :D

The recommended schematics are on pg 26 of the datasheets. Seems that unlike the other chips in the series, there's a need for another higher voltage rail for the chip. If you don't already have one in your circuit, then you should really consider changing the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back