Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norlin

Hi all,
I'm used to PIC programming and was looking to pick up some 8051 microprocessors to learn with. I was wondering which particular chip is the most popular 8051 currently for new learners? Also, which is the most popular company, atmel, phillips, etc?
Microchip has their MPLabIDE which is excellent for writing assembly programs and simulating them, what is the most commonly used program for the 8051 for assembling the program and simulating it? One for assembly and one for C (if they're the same program that'd be awesome).
Finally, are there any popular choices for a programmer/ICD? (I'm thinking about picking up MikroElectronika's development board since I really liked their EasyPIC4 that I use regularly, I have the ICD2 as well but don't seem to use it as much)

Thanks in advance!!
- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back