Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

68hc12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I connect the amplifier straight to the input of the 68hc12? If I do will it damage it or will it be fine?

The amplifier will be single rail of +5v

Attachments

• untitled_467.jpg
    untitled_467.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 351
Nigel Goodwin said:
I suggest you add a series resistor to limit the current, just in case the pin should get set as an output!.

I think as soon as it's turned on it's an output before the code instructs the port to become an input... I think

Will a resistor of few KOhms be fine or should this current be measured and resistor judged accordingly? I don't have immediate access till midway through next week which is a pain

[quote="carlosthejackle2001]I think as soon as it's turned on it's an output before the code instructs the port to become an input... I think

Will a resistor of few KOhms be fine or should this current be measured and resistor judged accordingly? I don't have immediate access till midway through next week which is a pain[/quote]

~1K will do.

carlosthejackle2001 said:
I think as soon as it's turned on it's an output before the code instructs the port to become an input... I think

That would be rather a stupid design! - PIC's are inputs by default, and you have to set them to be an output. I can't imagine any manufacturer doing it the other way round?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
That would be rather a stupid design! - PIC's are inputs by default, and you have to set them to be an output. I can't imagine any manufacturer doing it the other way round?.

hmm..in atmel 89 series (atleast in 89s52/89s8252) u have to write 1 to the port for it to become i/p, otherwise it is output by default afaik..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back