Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6 resistor bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halogrunt1234

I have heard about 5 band resistors, but I didnt even know 6 band resistors existed until I found it in a container full of class-desoldered components.

The band colors are:
White Black White Brown Brown Red
please note that I could have read the colors in reverse order.

Also, I was confused about how it has no silver or gold band to tell tolerance.
The package looks just as any other 1/4 watt blue resistor would be shaped as, but I am confused about the six bands.

I would just like to know how to read it, and what it might be used for.

Thanks

9090ohm +-1%tolerance 50cofficient PPM/[degree]C

band 1-number
band 2-number
band 3-number
band 4-multiplyer
band 5-tolerance
band 6-temperature

Thank you very much
I'm very familiar with the color code and I can figure everything else out.
Thank you

Similar thing I might as well mention, I bought a pack of resistors, assorted, and there are ones in there with just 2 colour bands, and 2 gold stripes. I know there are a few red red gold gold ones. Any idea, or is this just a printing error, some of the others look like they were made in the 60s :lol:

this is not an error(i think) cause red red gol gol = 2,2Ohms in5% tolerance

but to make shure check them with a multy- or Ohmmeter

Resistor with 4 color bands, the third band is always the multiplier.
If the band is gold the multiplier is 0.1
If the band is silver the multiplier is 0.01
The 4 band is the tolerance
Red, Red, Gold, Gold would be 2.2 ohms 5%.

Actually most Mil spec resistors have a number on them, like 1004 and are typically .01-.1 in tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back