Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

30pin to 30pin charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh101

Im completely new to this so please bare with me, as I'm trying very hard to understand electronics!

Basically i need to know how i could use the power from a 30-pin adopter and transfer it into another 30-pin adopter.

Sorry i'm not very good at explaining this! Basically i need a charger cable; 30pin to 30pin. Not sure how to accomplish it.

I want to charge one iPhone from another iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, what you are asking for won't work. The battery in the phone is not directly connected to the charge input terminals. The phone has an internal circuit to convert the 5Volts from the connector to the 3 to 4.2 volts needed to charge the internal battery. But that circuit doesn't work in reverse. So, even if you had such a cable, you could not take power from one phone to charge a second phone.

Yes you can not get charge power out of a phone, Its a input only!

Looks like it puts a small output from two phones in series to try and charge one.
You need 5 volts DC to charge a phone up to 500ma.
There maybe 3.3 volts at a low current available at the connectors witch when put together will give you 6.6 volts at some current to charge a phone.
It may take a long time and kill the batteries on the other phones to charge up one.
Its just not practical.
Notice the product in your link is not available yet and may never be!

Power might be available at the usb socket, or maybe even the memory socket, and you could use a switching reg to step up or down the volatge, but the amount of power available it'd probably be fairly useless.
One way you could do it is to make a charger that runs from a phone battery, you'd have to pull the battery from the phone to use it, which is also not a great deal of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back