Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

240v Delay on circuit HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufreaky

HI.
I want to make a simple 2-4 second delay on circuit.

its a 240AC volts 12.3 amps electric motor and a magnet that turns on at the same time. I want the magnet to turn on 2-4 seconds after the motor. The magnet is low current it just pulls a little lever.

Please help.
Can i just use a capacitor and resistor in series or parallel with the magnet or am i way off?

thanks in advance
Ivan

Last edited:
Can i just use a capacitor and resistor in series or parallel with the magnet or am i way off?
I suspect way off, unless you're prepared to lay out lots of ££££ ($$$$) for HUGE capacitors. 2-4 secs delay would better be handled by a solid-state timer. They're available commercially; or do you want to roll your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back