Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 bit adder subtractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waheeda

hi to all !!i am given a project to make a 2 bit processor which does only addition and subtraction...i know half adder and sub tractor ,but making them together is kinda difficult 4 me,,because i have never made them. could u please help me how to make it in work bench..any circuit diagram if u have.,

Maybe this will help. It's a truth table for your adder. ib0 and ib1 are your two inputs. op=0 for addition and op=1 for subtraction. ob0 is the output and carry is, well the carry bit. You can use any method (ie karnaugh maps) to obtain the functions.

Code:
[B][U]ib0 ib1 op ob0 carry[/U][/B]
0   0    0   0      0
1   0    0   1      0
0   1    0   1      0
1   1    0   0      1
0   0    1   0      0
1   0    1   0      0
0   1    1   1      1
1   1    1   0      0

Last edited:
PS: In the future, ask your technical questions in the tech forums or the homework forum for better responses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back