Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F877 communication problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liupengjian

Hi, every expert here,
I am doing a project which needs to use 16F877A to communicate with VB program running in my PC.
But I found it very strange that whenever I send some data from VB side to PIC , VB MScomm will receive a copy of it, ie, it seems that got echo.
so which side's problem is it? Does 877 have echo reponse to what it receives?

Thanks for your help.

liupengjian said:
Hi, every expert here,
I am doing a project which needs to use 16F877A to communicate with VB program running in my PC.
But I found it very strange that whenever I send some data from VB side to PIC , VB MScomm will receive a copy of it, ie, it seems that got echo.
so which side's problem is it? Does 877 have echo reponse to what it receives?

Not as far as I know, are you sure your program isn't echoing it?.

Yes, I checked both sides' program.
In this communication I use a RS232 to RS485 converter, I dont know this will affect or not. I found that some converter will auto echo the sending data from RS232 port

liupengjian said:
Yes, I checked both sides' program.
In this communication I use a RS232 to RS485 converter, I dont know this will affect or not. I found that some converter will auto echo the sending data from RS232 port

Try it without the converter, and see if it still echos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back