Zilog Z8 Encore Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw25

Hi All:

I am trying to develop a quick and dirty micro-based project and could use some help. The basic project that I need to complete is as follows:

2 discrete inputs
1 analog input
2 pulse accumulator inputs
LCD output (2x16 separated into 6 'fields' of data to display)
5 LED outputs

I chose the Z8F64200100KIT and MDS Application board as a platform that I felt would get me 90% there.

Unfortunately, now that I have hardware in hand, I am finding many limitations in the example program provided with the MDS board. Even more unfortunate, I am far removed from my college days when

I was a C-hack at best.

Some of the program limitations that I am getting bogged down with are that the LCD example only accepts character strings (I can't send variables or send them to fixed fields) and that a pulse

accumulator routine has not been integrated. The keypad interrupt routine will work fine for my discrete input needs.

My appeal for help is this: I am certain that this program is typical of many that have already been developed. Does anyone have a nice shell of a program (that works with the MDS board) for me

to use as the basis for this application? Once I have the inputs available to me, I can surely write the logic to control the LED's and feed the LCD.

As a part time hack on a deadline, I think I can be successful if I have a basis to modify from. If I have to invent from the beginning, I am surely doomed

Thanks in advance for the time and consideration.

Z* Encore Help

I might be able to help you out. I just purchased a MDS board i am going to start writing code for it. I am fairly dangerous but a hobbiest. If you go to my home page i have my code posted for my Z8 dev board with the 5x7 led displays. **broken link removed**

click on the electronics link and you will find the zip file.

I will hopefully be posting some code for the MDS Board later in the week. Feel free to email me with any questions pirate959@gmail.com

I have spent a lot of time learning the Z8Encore architecture.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…