Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zilog Z8 Encore Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw25

Hi All:

I am trying to develop a quick and dirty micro-based project and could use some help. The basic project that I need to complete is as follows:

2 discrete inputs
1 analog input
2 pulse accumulator inputs
LCD output (2x16 separated into 6 'fields' of data to display)
5 LED outputs

I chose the Z8F64200100KIT and MDS Application board as a platform that I felt would get me 90% there.

Unfortunately, now that I have hardware in hand, I am finding many limitations in the example program provided with the MDS board. Even more unfortunate, I am far removed from my college days when

I was a C-hack at best.

Some of the program limitations that I am getting bogged down with are that the LCD example only accepts character strings (I can't send variables or send them to fixed fields) and that a pulse

accumulator routine has not been integrated. The keypad interrupt routine will work fine for my discrete input needs.

My appeal for help is this: I am certain that this program is typical of many that have already been developed. Does anyone have a nice shell of a program (that works with the MDS board) for me

to use as the basis for this application? Once I have the inputs available to me, I can surely write the logic to control the LED's and feed the LCD.

As a part time hack on a deadline, I think I can be successful if I have a basis to modify from. If I have to invent from the beginning, I am surely doomed

Thanks in advance for the time and consideration.

Z* Encore Help

I might be able to help you out. I just purchased a MDS board i am going to start writing code for it. I am fairly dangerous but a hobbiest. If you go to my home page i have my code posted for my Z8 dev board with the 5x7 led displays. **broken link removed**

click on the electronics link and you will find the zip file.

I will hopefully be posting some code for the MDS Board later in the week. Feel free to email me with any questions pirate959@gmail.com

I have spent a lot of time learning the Z8Encore architecture.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back