Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zilog microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

freaky_jay14

ei, can u help me find the best zilog microcontroller for our stair climbing robot..i don't know how to pick wha't's the best for it..

Zilog Encore is also a good start, compiler is available for free on Zilog site, debugger is a simple RS232 interface
**broken link removed**
though easy to use support and availability are not as good as PIC.

I have experience, almost exclusively with Z8 based products. Primarily the Z8 µC family. But I wouldn't consider using it anymore just because it's what I know. I currently am using the MSP430 controllers (TI). So far so good. I'm not recommending anything to you, except, you might take this opportunity to broaden your horizons and use a part that has a larger support base. Eventially, I will learn the PIC as well because of their extreme popularity. I hear they are fairly user friendly so you shouldn't have any trouble picking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back