Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zener Diode P\N ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton

Hello,

I'm in the process of repairing my Digital Dash and have found the defective part. The part in question is a Zener Diode, and unfortually the only markings it has is 18 and under that 2. Does anyone know what type of Zener this is.

THanks

Clinton

Zener diode

I don't know. I suggest you draw out that part of the circuit and deduce what value it should be.

If you need help, post the circuit and we can help.

Len

Clinton said:
I'm in the process of repairing my Digital Dash and have found the defective part. The part in question is a Zener Diode, and unfortually the only markings it has is 18 and under that 2. Does anyone know what type of Zener this is.

It's just a pure guess, but is the zener a fairly large one? - it could well be an 18V 2W zener, to help keep nasty big spikes out. If this is the case, it should be directly across the incoming 12V supply - probably after various filtering components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back