Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Z8encore flashutil request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss

Does anyone happen to have or have created a decent vb flashutility for the encore series? I use a lot of the 48k version and I would like someone other than me to be able to easily program them from the hex or bin file I create from the zds.

Thanks,

Hmm... Maybe I'll make one. I don't think I'll ever use the flash loader, the programmer is too convenient and nobody else will be reprograming my chips, but I just started playing around with VB and should be a fairly simple starter project.

If this is a commercial app, have you looked at the Ecros Tech Flash Loader? He doesn't mention the loader app, but you might want to ask him about it.

**broken link removed**

Naw, this would just be for me and the few people that work for me. The flashloader that I have seen still starts up zds and uses dos batch files etc....

I was looking for something more on the lines of the flashutil from zilog

I will attach it here...I found it very handy to reprogram chips, I am just not a programming guru to get something in vb for eyecandy.

Thank you much

Attachments

• flashutil.zip
    193.5 KB · Views: 255
Is it the flashloader you want, or the boot loader?

The flashloader still requires a programming cable, and is much more difficult. The bootloader just requires an rs-232 connection.

Right now I program through the dongle from the dev kit. I have a few "smart cables" as well, they don't seem too smart.

I use the zds to build my project and create a hex output file. I then use that flashutil to send the file to the encore chip. It works pretty slick I would just like to find something like the previously attached flashutil written in Visual Basic.

Thank you much

The app notes for the encore chip provides a flash loader written by Pavan at Zilog. I met him last week and mentioned some deficiencies in his loader that might be rewritten. He suggested that I do so as he comes from a hardware background, etc.

More information about this can be found at the following link:

**broken link removed**

Flash loader information: **broken link removed**

This flash loader works with hyperterminal in Windows. It should work with any serial based loader.

It speaks Hex16 format but could be modified to support others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back