Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yea yea....wont happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Greetings folks :)

Ive been shot down in the past....who cares.
Fact is, its getting real now.
South Africa another mindless stupid blunder in the march to another failed, foodless, hungry country....

South Africa....common. Weve a Constitution. All is good.

Nope.

https://imgur.com/gallery/K1ks6Q0

This is mostly fact..
Its the start of .............

Dung for breakfast.
With a dash of cow pee.

Last edited:
To put this in perspective.........a really stupid application form for this "Africa Madness" syndrome of "it was ours, we want it back, you stole it".........

stolen land.jpg

I've not seen a historical case yet where the notion of reparations was a good thing. It usually has a non victim claiming against a non perpetrator based on some fictionalized history involving ancestry.

Hope the president of South Africa reconsiders this decision. The poor will suffer once more.
Well his view is that South Africa will be unstable without land redistribution. The people/poor want it, they want their promised ("stolen") land, and see land as wealth.

There is little foresight into the economic consequences, that is a concern for later.

Problem is that it wont stop at land, they'll want free rates, water, electricity, waste services. Why stop there....what about farming equipment, tractors, irrigation....they'll want it all. I wont be surprised if they demand that a neighbouring farmer works the land for them.

I don't mean to be so pessimistic, but I moved to the UK 3 years ago from SA, and have had most of my family members experience this in Zim...I can only hope it doesn't follow suit.

Well his view is that South Africa will be unstable without land redistribution. The people/poor want it, they want their promised ("stolen") land, and see land as wealth.

There is little foresight into the economic consequences, that is a concern for later.

Problem is that it wont stop at land, they'll want free rates, water, electricity, waste services. Why stop there....what about farming equipment, tractors, irrigation....they'll want it all. I wont be surprised if they demand that a neighbouring farmer works the land for them.

I don't mean to be so pessimistic, but I moved to the UK 3 years ago from SA, and have had most of my family members experience this in Zim...I can only hope it doesn't follow suit.

It will.

Its the African way.

Why would South Africa be any different?

Failure upon failure................

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Keep repeating the same mistakes. Never learn.

I have never visited that part of Africa, only the North, but I have read a great deal about various countries gaining independence, and was particularly sad to see Rhodesia go the way it did, among others.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3644217/Ian-Smith-has-sadly-been-proved-right.html

Quote from above article.

"However ponderous, however humourless and unsophisticated he was,
Smith had run a successful emerging African country and, although the whites were the main beneficiaries, there was increasing prosperity among the black population.
Above all there was a sound, intelligently managed economy, free from the post-colonial blight of corruption."

One example was the transportation system that ran like clockwork, efficiently and on time, after independence was completely destroyed.
Max.

Thanks Max

Im seeing it here. So are others.

I repair. I dont destroy.

Why am I even bothering with this post ?

Cause I still care for South Africa.

In spite of knowing how it eventually ends..................

Might take 40 years
Maybe less

Africa repeating the same mistakes again.

Never learn.................

The ANC is desperate.

And than what the fulck do I know?

History of what has happened is supposed to be a learning curve. Like......"lets not try this again"..........
Never worked. Try something different.

Imagine me. A guy that fixes TV"s.

Electronics.............

Bang. Cap exploded. Put another one in. Same value same Voltage rating.
Bang.
Bang
Bang

I remember soon after apartheid ended, hearing that rioters were tearing up farm irrigation systems for scrap and thinking that this will end in another tribal African klepto-oligarchy. Anyone there who's civilized should get out while they can; don't wait for the machete squads.

I remember soon after apartheid ended, hearing that rioters were tearing up farm irrigation systems for scrap and thinking that this will end in another tribal African klepto-oligarchy. Anyone there who's civilized should get out while they can; don't wait for the machete squads.

Don't believe all you hear or see on TV.

What's new? Cronies gotta Crony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back