Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yamaha RX-V375 AV Surround Sound Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Tech

Hello everybody! I was replacing the rotors and pads on my truck here at the house when the power went out. Well, I thought the power had gone out until I noticed a few odd things happening. The radio in my shed was making a horrible noise but the lights were not lit on the display indicating that the radio was not on. The clock usually stays lit even when the radio is off but will go off when the power cord is unplugged. So, no display and no clock yet making a buzzing noise. My girlfriend comes out to my shed and said the power went out. So I jumped up and grabbed my voltmeter and checked the power in the shed. I was getting 20V A/C. I immediately suspected my landlords newly installed solar system was to blame. After further investigation I found out the power was out on the whole street. An hour had passed and the power came back on. Later that night I went to watch tv and I couldn't get the surround sound receiver to power on. I have all the HDMI cables plugged into this receiver and then outputs to the tv. I disconnected everything from the receiver, (two game consoles, cable box) and connected the cable box to the tv directly and there was no problems there. So I narrowed the problem down to the receiver. It will not power on. I looked everywhere, online, owners manual and apparently when there isn't enough power to turn the receiver on it will try 5 times and then go into protection mode. There was no instructions on how to reset. Just says to take it to repair shop to be reset.

Sorry for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update!
The receiver is fixed. If anybody has the same model receiver and needs the service manual let me know. I've got a link to the service manual.

So what was the resolve?

I posted in multiple forums desperate for help. Somebody from another forum that has much better skills and patience than me at searching the web found a copy of the service manual. In the service manual it shows you how to go into the recovery mode. Recovery mode allows you to turn on the receiver with limited function which allows you to test different parts of the circuitry and check for damage. Luckily no damage was done to the receiver. All it needed was a reset which is only accessible through the recovery mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back