Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xtal radio amp--no PS--Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
A long time ago I saw a schematic for a crystal radio that had an audio amplifier that was powered by another crystal radio. I wasn't able to copy the schematic and have found nothing online about it. The radio-powered audio amplifier was used so high-impedance headphones would not be needed. Standard 8-ohm headphones were supposed to work. I've tried using 8-ohm 'phones with a 1000-ohm to 8-ohm transformer, but the audio level was very weak. Anyone have any helpful thoughts? Thanks. <ckd>

Hello,
A long time ago I saw a schematic for a crystal radio that had an audio amplifier that was powered by another crystal radio. I wasn't able to copy the schematic and have found nothing online about it. The radio-powered audio amplifier was used so high-impedance headphones would not be needed. Standard 8-ohm headphones were supposed to work. I've tried using 8-ohm 'phones with a 1000-ohm to 8-ohm transformer, but the audio level was very weak. Anyone have any helpful thoughts? Thanks. <ckd>

I know the sort of thing you mean - using a VERY, VERY high power, VERY, VERY local, transmitter to power the audio amplifier - but you're going to struggle in almost all places finding a local station striong enough.

Buy yourself a crystal earpiece - even better than old 2000 ohm ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back