Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XOR CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the second transistor from the left reaches the ON state.

After all, there is no closing of a circuit from the positive voltage of the voltage source, the current can not reach the negative voltage source, because it is stopped at the collector of the first transistor from the left,
Incorrect.

There is a current path, but it is impossible to describe without reference designators.

ak

Um, what is the question anyway ?

Please add reference designators to all components in the schematic and repost.
Ah, I keep on learning (English terms). I've always used to call this "component ID" but thanks to you I know the correct English term now.

YOU CAN SEE FROM THE schematic THAT THE TRANSISTOR A IN THE BOTTOM WILL NOT CLOSE A CIRCUIT IF YOU ATTACH A VOLTTAGE IN THE BASE
BECAUSE THE COLLECTOR OF TRANSISTOR B WILL STOP THE CORRENT TO GET TO THE GROUND,
WHENEVER TRANSSTOR B IS OFF.

IF THE CURRENT THAT YOU ATACH ON THE BASE OF TRASISTOR A IN THE BOTTOM CAN NOT REACH THE GROUND, THAN IT WILL NOT EXIT FROM THE POSITIVE VOLTAGE SOURCE AT ALL.

WHAT IS THE CURRENT PATH OF TRASISTOR A IN THE BOTTOM?
I'll tell you after you add reference designators to all components and re-post your schematic.

Do not post in all capital letters. We can't take your questions seriously when you act as a child.

ak

TYPING IN ALL CAPS AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO IS NOT A WAY TO GET HELP HERE.. DEMANDING ANSWERS DOESN’T WORK EITHER.

sxy, if you going to act as a Troll, please do it somewhere else.

It's a two transistor "AND" gate circuit - if BOTH are turned on, the two in series pull the upper collector voltage down to a low level; that forms a "NAND" (NOT AND) gate.

The next transistor across inverts the output, so its collector goes high when both the first bases are driven, so the output at that point is AND.

The two on the right form an OR (or rather NOR) gate, but that is only enabled when the AND gate output is low.

Either input alone activates the OR stage; but both together disable it, so the overall function is XNOR, Exclusive NOR.

We don't even know the pinout of the transistors which is why we need a full schematic - not guessing from a picture.

Mike.

We don't even know the pinout of the transistors
looks to me like EBC in the picture of the breadboard in post#1... the switches just pull up the bases through 1k resistors to Vcc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back