Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx CPLD programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroclus

Hi,
I built a LPT programmer for xilinx CPLD as shown in official Xilinx doc.
But when i try to program something, using ISE software, the software does not recognice my programmer. I use Windows XP.
Maybe is some incompatibility with OS ??
I checked the correct working of IC's and routing...

Thank you.

patroclus said:
Hi,
I built a LPT programmer for xilinx CPLD as shown in official Xilinx doc.
But when i try to program something, using ISE software, the software does not recognice my programmer. I use Windows XP.
Maybe is some incompatibility with OS ??
I checked the correct working of IC's and routing...

All the NT based Windows prevent direct access to the ports, are you using a port driver?, and is the application intended for XP?.

Yes, I know that, and that's the reason I asked about it.
I don't know if the software should work with LPT in XP. It definetly works under windows XP as it is quite new soft, but I asked for if someone has used ISE and Xilinx CPLD and knows.

patroclus said:
Yes, I know that, and that's the reason I asked about it.
I don't know if the software should work with LPT in XP. It definetly works under windows XP as it is quite new soft, but I asked for if someone has used ISE and Xilinx CPLD and knows.

Does it specifically state it runs under XP?, it certainly should if it does!.

well i have used Xilinx ISE but i used it to program an FPGA. the target development board was one of the XESS boards. there was a small loader type of software in which the bit file is just dragged into a small space and the bit stream is given to the development board.

have you tried to contact Xilinx on this? they may be able to help you.

iMPACT, the software Xilinx uses to program devices, works fine with 2000 and XP. I would check your circuits and software configuration for problems.

I use the JTAG programmer that came with my Digilent S3 board. It is parallel port based and works flawlessly with all the ISE webpack features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back