Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xbee question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubos

Are xbee wireless communications restricted

from xbee to xbee or is it possible to have
one xbee talk to several xbee's ?

Any links in explaining this with flow diagrams ?

"Are xbee wireless communications restricted" I do not understand the question. The government has rules over this type of communications.
"from xbee to xbee or is it possible to have one xbee talk to several xbee's ?"
Xbee-5 can talk only to xbee-7 by using 7 as the destination address.
Xbee-5 can talk to all xbees on this network by using the 'all' address.
"Any links in explaining this with flow diagrams ? " Search this forum for "xbee". Yahoo returns many good applications notes. Down load a manual.

Oh i think i can rewrite his question:

tubos: Are XBEE restricted to communicate from 1 to 1 (direct) or can they broadcast to all other XBEEs in range?

The answer is they can do both :D Single 1 to 1 or Broadcast.

EDIT: Some more info here: https://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2213

Support for multiple network topologies such as point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and mesh networks

If im correct ZigBee is the stack (SOFTWARE) and XBEE is the product. Im not sure if sure if XBEE S1 can talk to XBEE S2 modules:

https://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2213
The XBee Series 1 and Series 2 radios have the same footprint, and for the most part-are pin for pin compatible (few differences in the placement of ADC/IO lines), but are NOT interoperable. Series 1 and Series 2 use different application profiles, which are unique to each radio family. They can however, use the same RS232 or USB interface boards.

I doubt it tho. I think interoperable means can not operate with each other :( :D

Last edited:
You are right it seems S1 and S2 cannot
talk together.

After some googling I also found that the
series 2 take some more involved setup.

Series 1 seem to be great for beginners
easier to use out of the box

thx for the tips.

Pb Zigbee and RS232 Power Harvester beginner

Hi

I was able to connect to connect to my xbee usb module by using X-CTU..
Then I have made a change of the XB24 model and use the the function XBEE 803.15.4 RS232 Power harvester.
Now I can not connect to the modem… any idee or settings I should use . change to get access with X-CTU again ?

Txs in advance, yann

Hi,
Have you tried reseting the XBee......If you have and still nothing working try "Query" it in XCTU but make sure all the properties are configured right to talk to the PC.
If you get an error message you most likely bricked your XBee while updating the firmware..
There is loads of info on google on how to restore bricked XBee's

Hope this helps

Last edited:
X-CTU doesn't detect baud rates..... If you can see the device but not read it.... then it may be the alternate firmware ( AT or API )

If you cannot even see the device ... start at 1200 baud and go through the lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back