Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xbee 3 micro PCB design issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMRH

Hi, I've been designing a PCB for this moduel but I haven't got any results.
I tried to use the minimum conections as the data sheet especify: VCC,
GND, DOUT, DIN, RTS, DTR and also i connected the capacitor as near as
I could to the voltage but the X-CTU software doesn't recognize the module.
(I connected my own board to the sparkfun explorer USB)

Is there someone that can give me a recommendation so I can use this module?

Captura.PNG
Captura2.PNG
Captura3.PNG

Last edited:
Your schematic makes no sense. What is connected to what and what do you expect it to do?

Mike.

"Nothing happens" is a VERY broad statement and does not give us any hints whatsoever. Unless we have some psychics here with properly-tuned crystal balls, you're not going to get any solid answers until you update your post with details and proper questions.

You do realize you need microcontrollers to talk to these devices and send and receive data, right? What exactly are you expecting them to do?

Is that all of the schematic? Reset connects to reset and then no where. It needs to have a resistor pulling up or down.

"Nothing happens" is a VERY broad statement and does not give us any hints whatsoever. Unless we have some psychics here with properly-tuned crystal balls, you're not going to get any solid answers until you update your post with details and proper questions.

You do realize you need microcontrollers to talk to these devices and send and receive data, right? What exactly are you expecting them to do?
My mistake. I didn't explain myself well. I made my own PCB, and I connected it to the sparkfun explorer USB, and I'm trying to read the module with X-CTU sotware but it doesn't recognize the moduel.

Is that all of the schematic? Reset connects to reset and then no where. It needs to have a resistor pulling up or down.
i thought the spark fun explorer USB had that connection because it has the reset button, but I guess I need to add it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back