Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writing to Secure Digital (SD) memory using the SPI protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiellighl

I would like to find info (or code) that will help me to write data from a microcontroller to Secure Digital memory using SPI.
('How to' info on other memory types where SPI can be used would also help)
[I am using Microchip, but any other info on other architechures will help.]

I just started with this project and I am still busy gathering info on ways to write to memory since I don't have any previous experience on memory yet. (The ways to send the address and writing and reading the data to/from that address etc.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any answers, code, tips, links, books etc. even if it only has a little bit of relevance.

Thanks

I am also considering starting a project to interface a PIC to SD memory card. (searching for information I have found your posting) This is what I found additionally, may be of some help for you too:
I found some guys who, I think, have done it already and selling their inexpensive PIC based boards for reading/writing MMC and SD Cards with source code also: http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/On_top_of_the_Bench/MMC_Project/mmc_project.html

There may be some help on Sandisk's website, they sell the same memory modules for embedded applications as they are selling as SD Cards. There is plenty of documentation for these modules, and I suppose they are using the same interface as in the standalone SD Cards: **broken link removed**

There are some people on www.avrfreaks.org that are working on that. Might start there

Try this website: **broken link removed**

They have some schematix and source code for SD interfacing ... seems to be pretty buggy site though. Some links are dead, but might be of some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back