Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writing to a Microchip 24AA512

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Hello all
I have a list of about 150 CD's ( 8k in text file) that I would like to store onto a 24AA512 eeprom. How do I program this info onto this chip?

Once I write this info I do not want to change it, only read from it. I know that IC-Prog can program similar devices but it does not show how. :(

A little more detail: I am using Pic Basic Pro but I assume :lol: that it does not matter what language I am using to write this data. I just need to know how. The device I am planning on using with my new project is 16F877A. I obviously cannot write code to write each CD to this chip as the size of the file is larger than the code space on the 16F877A.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I am new to writing to EEPROMS. Do you have any description/sample code to offer?

Thanks

Beefer3 said:
Once I write this info I do not want to change it, only read from it. I know that IC-Prog can program similar devices but it does not show how. :(
At your EEprom, connect pin 1(A0), 2(A1), 3(A2), 4(VSS), 7(WP) to Gnd.
Connect pin 5 (SDA) to Data [RB7] , pin 6 (SCL) to CLK [RB6] from your IC-prog programmer, Pin 8 (VCC) to VCC.
Hope it help. :)

IC-PROG dont have the device 24AA512 or 24FC512, it has only AT24C512. So is it possible to use the IC-PROG to program this EEPROM?

Thanks for your help everyone. I will give these options a try. I have the same question as marxmax. Can I use the device AT24C512 to program the 24AA512?

Also, does anyone know if there will be another version of IC-PROG?

Thanks

Beefer3 said:
Can I use the device AT24C512 to program the 24AA512?
Yes. If you having problem, try to change I/O delay timing.

Beefer3 said:
Also, does anyone know if there will be another version of IC-PROG?
If you means latest version, then it is IC-Prog1.05D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back