Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writing firmware in PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie84

Hello,

I want to use an iinterface chip together with the PIC16F877. From what I heard, the firware of the interface chip is to be programmed in the PIC. However, I'm not clear how to do it as the PIC doesn't understand other chip's programming code. So, how actually shall I write the firmware? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thankz

What chip do you want to interface with?
The question is a little vague..

The interface chip I use is PDIUSBD12. As far as I know, the initialization/ firmware of D12 is to be written in the PIC. But how? Will the PIC understand?

Celestie84 said:
The interface chip I use is PDIUSBD12. As far as I know, the initialization/ firmware of D12 is to be written in the PIC. But how? Will the PIC understand?

All you're writing is PIC software, simply to send and receive data from the other chip. So there's no problem about the PIC 'understanding' anything, it only runs it's own code.

Details of what you need to supply should be in the Philips datasheet for the USB chip. It's then up to you to write a PIC program to create the required software interface - once you've also created the hardware interface!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back