Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

write to lcd module please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDT was disabled, BODEN was disabled, LVP was disabled,

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
  • GIFT.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 255
Dear my brother Mike, Thank you thank you thnk you....It worked. My mistake is in mclr pin. I had connected it to ground. When I changed it to +5 V, it worked...Thank you very much

Well done Mike, MCLR huh ?

Yes, you can see it in the pictures. Pin 1 (MCLR) is connected to ground through a 10K resistor, just like the rest of the unused pins. On the 16F877 you cannot disable the external MCLR so you have to have it pulled up, not down.

Too bad such a seemingly small mistake caused so much grief, but in the digital world every little thing is important.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back