Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wrist-worn 'tag' scorer -request

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchAngel

Hey all,

I have an itch I'd like scratched by ye wizards on high. I imagine that I can solder bits together but that's about it!

I have just started fencing (masked-men-in-elastic-tights-fencing) and would benefit from a training aid as described below:

A small wrist/weapon mounted device, probably driven by a 12V car-remote battery that signals 'hits'/touches from the switch on the tip of the foil (the weapon). Take a peek at this link for the minimum functionality: **broken link removed**

I'd like to be able to add a pre-recorded word/message instead of a beep, oooh, or how about a verbal count which can be set to various max's? Once the max count has been reached I'd like a tone/message generated.
I guess the speaker limits the voice capabilities (I'm imagining those thin piezzo type speakers found in greeting cards).

Does anyone have any pointers for the requisite parts?

Thanks folks.

Simpler

Thanks for the tip!

After a little more searching, I've decided to use a US$10 'step counting' pedometer (as opposed to the stride calculating/calorie crunching gizmos) -the simple stuff. The pedometer will count the hits (good hits and bad hits) without the benefit of a maxcount indicator. It comes with a watch battery, ~1.5V.

Question:

How do I rig a simple 12V driven buzzer (the car remote battery style) in parrallel to the pedometer switch minimizing the bulk associated with isolating the batteries from each other? One switch, two power sources...

The pedometer is tiny but there's hope that I can squeeze the larger battery and greeting card style speaker in there with a few other bits...

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back