Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wringing Pain Field Generator att:Audioguru

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "300 watt ultrasonic transducer" doesn't have a manufacturer's name and doesn't have any spec's. You might throw money away if you buy it.

Audioguru, Thank you for the CTS link. All available selections look good to me. However, my knowledge in these matters is less than nill. That is why I am here seeking your expertise & knowledge. It is obvious to me that you are skilled in the majic of eletronics. Any & all suggestions you have to help me create this dog silencer is taken as gold to me. I don't want to sound like a ass kisser, but I really do apreciate you helping me out.
Which tweeter on the CTS link will work the best for my device? Cost is not a factor, I want to do this right & only once.

I think that the loud ultrasonic sound from your tweeters will cause the dogs to bark, not stop them.
Ultrasonic tweeters are very directional so chances are that they won't point at the dogs.

I am mounting the tweeters in a box & hanging them in a tree. They are pointed directly at the dogs. The distance from the tweeters to the dogs is about 15 feet. When the dogs are barking & loud ultrasond is blasted at them, they do shut up & go into their house.

quiet roit said:
I am mounting the tweeters in a box & hanging them in a tree. They are pointed directly at the dogs. The distance from the tweeters to the dogs is about 15 feet. When the dogs are barking & loud ultrasond is blasted at them, they do shut up & go into their house.

A shotgun pointed directly at the dogs will probably have a far more permanent effect!.

Hook up a xenon strobe to a sound switch, at 15 feet it should be blinding. If the sensitivity is low enough for just nearby barking, should be alright. If the dog can't see, he won't advertise his presence. Plus it will alert your deaf neighbor that his dogs are barking. If the neighbor is just too lazy to properly train his animals, then he might mistake the strobe for a camera flash, and believe somebody is preparing to cause him some legal problems, which you will eventual find to be the most effective and sane route...

quiet roit said:
When the dogs are barking & loud ultrasound is blasted at them, they do shut up & go into their house.
Good. Then your barking dogs problem is solved.

Is there any way you can show us the circuit diagram for this pain field generator.

Is there any way you can have a sensor the hears the dog then blast the dog with pain that way it will teach the dog not to bark.

Also be careful, younger people might be able to hear it. It might shut up the dogs but you neighbour's baby might start crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back