Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

World Wide Scandals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

I invite people to post about the most impressive scandals that they ever came across...
If you read a book with an ingenous electronic theft, do mention it as well...

Here... I begin with one...

This is what I read in a news paper that some thugs in checkoslovakia had built a 100% fake ATM machine that accepted the client's ATM card, their PIN, and at the end of the transaction said..."Error Processing" or "No cash" or something...

Of course, the machine managed to read the card data and the PIN... Which is sufficient to swindle people of their hard earned money...

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. We never had an ATMs back in Czechoslovakia. As far as I remember, ATMs started to appear after 1993, when Czechoslovakia broke down to Czech Republic and Slovakia ;)

A good Idea with the fake ATM though...

lord loh. said:
I saw this in a news paper a few months ago... I guess they made a mistake... It could be either Czech Republic or Slovakia... Be careful Jay.Slovak. Don't get swindled ;)

False ATM machines are common place, either planting a complete new one somewhere, or fitting a false front over an existing one - they read your card and record your PIN (or even keep your card) - they can steal a LOT of money in just a few hours.

The Consultant.

This is a novel I read...

Here a consultant audited banks and financial institutions, detected crimes Trojan Horses, hijack the bug and use it to make money themselves....

But this time the thug called Alloways was smart.... He transferred 9900 pounds into the consultants account and warned him to stay put.... Or he is the one with the inappropriate transaction....

So the consultant killed Alloways...

But this is not the end... The consultant still had to hijack the crime....

So he had got a memory dump from a mainframe and got his assistant analyse all the hex codes... He found a part of memory that was neither opcode nor data....

It was a set of random numbers...taken off a book of random numbers.

Later the consultant discovered that the random numbers were a place holder for the bug. The bug came from the Liverpool mainframe into the London mainframe everyday at the synchronization time, transferred 9900 pounds to a host of fake accounts...

The consultant discovered this and got a a list of accounts that had just 9900 pounds... Walked away with the list, gave the bank a clean ****...

And is now free to enjoy 9900 pounds from accounts of his choice...

This one is just plain sick...

In December 2005, in Waverly, Florida (Polk county), Rev. Ruben P. Thompson was arrested on numerous sex crimes. Not uncomon for a man of god these days, except the victim was his own daughter, who was impregnated with 4 children (grandkids?). The oldest of the incest children turned him in, after her father (grandfather?) tried to get her pregnant as well. Now, a lot of weird stuff happens in Polk County, but this is the worst I can remember ever hearing, anywhere.
Not sure what the courts are doing with this, haven't seen anything new since the arrest. I first heard the story at work, from people who attended Rev. Thompson's church. Oh, the middle name is "Peaceful", don't figure...

Why is it that the USA seems to so full of religious maniacs?, is it perhaps because the other countries threw them out? :)

Mind you, they are getting their own back, with crazy American religious groups being exported to other countries!.

Must be the lack of monarchy to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back