Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

word 97 document recovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

After recovering the majority of the documents on the hard drive having the trashed FAT-16 filesystem (caused by the win95-cih virus, yet my mom still thinks it is me), I am struggling with one document.

When I view the document with a text editor, It seems that some of the formatting may be still present in the file.

I want to know what software is best for recovering the file. It is an MSword 97 document. there are a couple of tables, some text is bolded, and some text is underlined. the font is the same throughout the entire document. No other formatting was applied.

I have tried a couple of demo programs, but they were unable to recover the file.

I was able to download the specification, but it was so long, that it might take me several months to understand the specs and write the program.

If there is a free program that can help me, I would appreciate it.

Would this be the thread you're looking for?

Have you tried opening the file in OpenOffice?

Also this really isn't the best forum to ask questions like this in, you could always go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back