Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wondering in Math !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineers feel

how are you doing every one ?
I just have a wondering and I hope you help me to get its answer

I've an equation and I want to get the value of Y with respct to X

the equation is

sin ( Y ln(XY) ) + e^(XY^(2)) - 1 = 0

as I told you, I need the value of Y with respct to X

I'm waiting for you ,,,,

Regards

What makes you think that there is a way?

As a matter of fact, there was a challenge between me and my friends
about above equation and we were looking for its answer
and in my opinion, if we have two variables in one equation
we can easly get the value of one of them with repect to another
so I want you to share me this challenge and I'm sure we can get its answer
if we put some efforts
and I again hope you help me to find the answer

Regards

Separating variables is not always possible. The odds drop dramatically when transcental functions are involved. I think you have no chance on this one, unless there is someone telling you that there is a solution.

As another example, consider the general conic section

Ay² + By + Cxy + Dx² + Ex + F = 0, for real constants A, B, C, D, E, & F

I dont think you can separate this one either

Last edited:
This is what it looks like...

Just because there is an equation doesn't mean that it is able to be transposed. Like some engineering functions, they are just approximations.

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 345
erosennin said:
This is what it looks like...

Just because there is an equation doesn't mean that it is able to be transposed. Like some engineering functions, they are just approximations.
Hi,
What software are you using to plot this? Excel?

I have some vague memories of functional analysis, but i think that with Taylor series and a bit of accurate calculations you can manage to extract a function which approximates well your function and in which variables are separable.

But my memories are vague, so I'm not completely sure.

I think working with any series expression represented by that function is going to be harder than you can imagine. I'm calling your bluff on this one.
Yuuuuh!

Also as you can see from the plot the function is multivalued, and in a strict sense is not really even a function, much less one that can be separated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back