Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Video Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

diginova

I am designing a system and need a transmitter that will get an NTSC video signal (1 Vpp, 310 lines, 60 Hz) over 500m, line of sight, guaranteed no obstructions.

The only problem is that I can only supply the transmitter with 500 mW of average power. I was thinking something in the 100 mW range, and then I can use an antenna to boost the distance at either 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz, but I can't find any transmitters that meet the specification for under $225.

I would prefer a supply voltage of 5V DC, but up to 9V would work.

Thanks in advance.

So what's your budget for this transmitter?

Edit: What about one of **broken link removed**.

Last edited:
Max 450 for the transmitter and receiver, so about 225 for the transmitter itself since I need a Yagi to go with it.

Did you catch my edit?

I didn't, but I can't seem to find specs on them; do they fit within the power budget of 500 mW supply?
If it outputs 100mW, I would expect it to require less than 500mW of power.

That's what I thought originally, but most of them are something like 9V/80mA or higher.

I called them up; here is the actual communication.
Me: What is the maximum current draw?
Them: 9V.
Me: I asked, what is the maximum current draw?
Them: You mean amperage?
Me: Sure.
Them: Don't put more than 1000(A) through it.

I don't think they're a good resource...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back