Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Trailer light Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalescnc

I have been asked to build a light control system for a boat trailer only using the hitch and a centre pin for 12volt supply to the trailer. I was thinking of using a pic18 and somehow modulate "FSK or PWM" supply to the trailer where there would be another pic to decode and control relays to switch relays to control the lights. Using a high pass filter at the car end and then another on the boat side.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Dalecnc

dalescnc said:
I have been asked to build a light control system for a boat trailer only using the hitch and a centre pin for 12volt supply to the trailer.

Won't the centre pin snap when you go over the brow of a hill?

Mike.

This may be of help. It is a 2 wire remote control with up to 10 channels(hot lead and a ground). It velleman kit K8023.
**broken link removed**

Hiya all thanks for the replies so far ;-) As for the centre pin its a small hole where the supply from the car is connected and is into the ball of the hitch the trailer part is spring loaded to make constant connection. I havent done tests on the earth but i expect intermitent breaks thus a large cap after the pic16f??? and a back up batt to keep the clock running when this does happen i just hope it works LOL Worth a shot maybe i can change my career trailer salesman lmao

Thanks so much

1 Problem only couple of hundred of milli amps i need @ least 6 amps ;-( the way i worked it out 50w@12=3 amps indicators 2x20w night lights 2x25w reverse lights 2x15w brake lights 2x25w all on @ once worse possible senarrio woman driver lol 170w nearly 10 amps dead short as far as data is concerned. Took a field gen and when i got to about 10megs only then did some sort of pulse occur at the lamp side drawing 3 amps and no imp filters. I was thinking of a vfo and running a 10 meg osc and using A pic16f84 or something to vfo the osc ? sorry about the book lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back