Wireless Trailer light Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalescnc

I have been asked to build a light control system for a boat trailer only using the hitch and a centre pin for 12volt supply to the trailer. I was thinking of using a pic18 and somehow modulate "FSK or PWM" supply to the trailer where there would be another pic to decode and control relays to switch relays to control the lights. Using a high pass filter at the car end and then another on the boat side.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Dalecnc

dalescnc said:
I have been asked to build a light control system for a boat trailer only using the hitch and a centre pin for 12volt supply to the trailer.

Won't the centre pin snap when you go over the brow of a hill?

Mike.

This may be of help. It is a 2 wire remote control with up to 10 channels(hot lead and a ground). It velleman kit K8023.
**broken link removed**

Hiya all thanks for the replies so far ;-) As for the centre pin its a small hole where the supply from the car is connected and is into the ball of the hitch the trailer part is spring loaded to make constant connection. I havent done tests on the earth but i expect intermitent breaks thus a large cap after the pic16f??? and a back up batt to keep the clock running when this does happen i just hope it works LOL Worth a shot maybe i can change my career trailer salesman lmao

Thanks so much

1 Problem only couple of hundred of milli amps i need @ least 6 amps ;-( the way i worked it out 50w@12=3 amps indicators 2x20w night lights 2x25w reverse lights 2x15w brake lights 2x25w all on @ once worse possible senarrio woman driver lol 170w nearly 10 amps dead short as far as data is concerned. Took a field gen and when i got to about 10megs only then did some sort of pulse occur at the lamp side drawing 3 amps and no imp filters. I was thinking of a vfo and running a 10 meg osc and using A pic16f84 or something to vfo the osc ? sorry about the book lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…