Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless temperature logger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poolistic

I'm doing a transmitter that will sense the room temperature using a digital sensor. the digital data from the sensor will be processed by the PIC. tyhe receiver will then receive the digital data wirelessly thru a 27Mhz carrier freq. Is this digital transmission possible?

Yes it is. How do you suppose your getting this digital data i just sent you?
Thru wires only? of course not. The digital info is converted to an analog waveform and is used to then to modulate an high frequency carrier which is then tranmitted wireless to the reciever. At the receiver the carrier is demodulated and the info is converted back to digital again.

thanks! ermm...still quite unsure of the flow and concept. For example I'm doing a remote thermo logger. I'll use a digital temp sensor to sense the temp, the sensor will input a 9bit data representing the temp to the MicroP, MicroP will then output e data as digital format....after which? how should the cct run?

......after which the digital signal is passed to a DAC which is then used to modulate a high frequency RF transmitter carrier.

Im not absolutely sure but i think FM is the main modulating scheme used for digital signal infomation transmission. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back