Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Serial Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

premkumar9

Hi,
For one of my projects I have done serial communication between 89C52 and 89C2051 microcontrollers through the RXD, TXD pins. Can anybody pls suggest a method to make this communication wireless with minimum modifications.

If the two micros in the vicinity then I would simply use an IR protocol & transfer the data.

If I need more distance then I use license free wireless RF modules to transfer the data.

Last edited:
If the two micros in the vicinity then I would simply use an IR protocol & transfer the data.

If I need more distance then I use license free wireless RF modules to transfer the data.

Can you be little more specific please? Is there any standard RF module readily available suitable for this purpose? Any idea?

See the attached file.

I used ST-TX01-ASK as transmitter and ST-RX04-ASK as receiver. Get data at the DATA pin of the receiver(checked with oscilloscope). But level becomes too low when connected to the RXD pin of uC. Then tried with a load resistor. Even with 100KΩ load the level comes down from 5V to <2V.
Is this normal behavior OR something wrong with the device?
Do we need a buffer for connecting to the RXD pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back