Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless project help please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysdnconfused

Hi peoples, i hope i'm not ruffling any feathers by asking this. if so my apologies in advance.

i've got a little project in mind where i want to control lights on a car wirelessly. i've played with rc car parts but the cost and complexity is a bit beyond me and my 9 years ago 2 year schooling in electronics. in other words i have a seriously bad case of C.R.S. :D

Anyways here's the details....

i'm envisioning a 2 part device. 1 handheld, the other mounted on the vehicle. the handheld device would consist of 4 momentary pushbuttons with the outputs transmitted to the reciever mounted on the vehicle, which in turn would be the control side of a relay to simple light circuits on my car.

would a 4 channel transciever work?

ideally, the entire device should work on 12 volts dc and be as simple as possible. range should be no more than 100 ft. is this doable? Are there modules available for the rf side of this or do i need build the whole thing from scratch? if so, maybe some suggestions on manufacturers?

thanx very much. :D

keyfobs------D'OH!

lemme digest this a bit and i'm sure i'll have a question again later. thanks again for helping out a guy with crap memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back