Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless network and phone interference: anyone heard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Sorensen

My church wants to buy some new wireless phones (not cellular, just wireless). We already have a wireless network. Has anyone ever heard of wireless phones and networks interferring? I don't know the frequency of the network, and we haven't picked out a phone yet. I don't even know what the frequencies are nowadays, but I guess we'd want a good one. We also have DSL, but I don't see how that could be a factor.

This is in the US.

j.

I've never heard of problems with the two interfering with each other. Even if they use the same band of frequencies they'll just switch channels if any interference does occur and you'd probably never notice it anyway.

The FCC is pretty strict about stuff that transmits not interfering with other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back