Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Noob

Sirs,
I am trying to wirelessly control a motor that pumps fluid to a hydraulic ram. There are two solenoids on the motor (up/down). What's the best way? Bluetooth?
Regards,
-Noob

Last edited:
Distance? Reliabilty?

There are many alternatives here?
Bluetooth (about 15m distance), Wifi (over 100m distance) or Zigbee (about 30m) are three soulution to look at? If distance is ok; Zigbee would be my first choice; as it was desinged for low-data rate control system applications.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike and second286 for the replies.
It is a marine environment where radars and other forms of electronics are constantly present and I am unsure and inexperienced in these fields of communications and there protocols.
The boats total length is 6.5m and the steering wheel to pumps is approx 3.25m. The pumps are run off two 12v car batteries that are charged by two outboard engines so could tap into those if required.
Thanks for your help and patience.
Mark.

Thanks Ron,
It needs to be controlled by fixed locations on the steering wheel. E.g., a set of paddles. The paddles could then be split into 4 with the bottom two being switchable to operate the remaining pumps.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron,
It needs to be controlled by fixed locations on the steering wheel. E.g., a set of paddles. The paddles could then be split into 4 with the bottom two being switchable to operate the remaining pumps.

Hack the key fob. I have done it. My take is you only want to do a raise / lower for 2 solenoids right. That would be 2 channels. If you want more channels they come in 4 channel versions also. Additionally the ones I have used offer either latching (you click once and the relay latches, click again and it un-latches) or non-latching where the relay is closed only while the button is held down. Extending the key fob buttons was easy.

Ron

Thanks Ron, Yes just the two channels only per pump for six pumps. Non latched for this application. Will research more on the subject of paddles and there switching.
Many Thanks.
Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back