Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt92

I have a project where I need to have a transmitter with 8 programmable buttons that sends a signal to 6 or 7 receivers with a relay for a momentary latch. The receivers can be powered by either 24vdc or 115ac. I need a range of 100-200 yards line of site.
Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

I have tried LORA... Its not best suited to simple radio transmission... The distance is brilliant but the packets are designed for large data transfers..

If you follow users of the Arduino platform ( Just because they are readily available and cheap) there will be loads of different modules with code..

Look at the NRF24L01...

I have tried LORA... Its not best suited to simple radio transmission... The distance is brilliant but the packets are designed for large data transfers..

If you follow users of the Arduino platform ( Just because they are readily available and cheap) there will be loads of different modules with code..

Look at the NRF24L01...

Could this all be put into a case with 8 buttons? I guess I am not sure where to start?

Thanks

Send more information if you would.
Hi,
Here have more Info.:

Best Regards!

I suspect those may be illegal to use in both the UK and US, without special licencing.
There are very strict regulation on RF power emission in the 433 MHz band; also "type approval" in needed in the UK.

See the articles below:
**broken link removed**

Hi,
Yes you have reason... Thanks for Info., by the way allready found other way, maybe 5Km. is a lot of range for this application.
Best regards.

That helps, I will read up on them to see if the buttons are programmable to control separate receivers.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back