Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless head phones?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhay

i want to design a wireless head phone for my comp.pls help me out.i have thought of using a normal head phone chord and wud directly connect the the chord wire to a a/d conv and then amplify the out put(how??)and give it to a rf module rws 434 and tws 434,whose reange is 200 feet.
on the receiver side i wud again convert this input back to analog and give it to to the speakers of my head phone.
how should i go about the whole deal :roll: :?

well, you ca ntry buildnig your circuits, for fun, and use them, all kind of ir, radio, oprical, analogue sending, digital....etc
i have bough a pair of haedphones,wireless, on FM 433MHz with the range of 100m ,they work all the way in my house, good quality, stereo. they work very fine. but the only disadvantage is that the audio frequency goes only op to 18KHz,. but still not many people hear sounds over that frequency, so i dont mind.
i thing that instead of buildnig a circuit of your own, buy a pair like that, even if they are a little bit more expensive.

PMPO is the peak power output of your amplifier. This values is always mentioned on amplifieres becauses it catches interest of customer. It is generally 10-14 times of the RMS power of the amplifier. I have seen different manufacturers having thein own multiplying factor to RMS values for calculating PMPO which generally lies in the range 10 to 14.

Actually peak power is = Ipeak * Vpeak = Vrms*1.41* Irms*1.41
= Vrms * Irms * 2 = 2 * Prms

Now that comes to 2 times of RMS value but I don't know why manufactures use such high multiplying factors of 10-14. You know it right ....;)

In short its a fake value and one should not rely on it. Always refer to RMS power.

PMPO= Peak Music Power Output mostly lie.I`ve repaired many Hi-Fi devices with 2x50....100W PMPO and a 25...50VA mains transformer....

that's right. you say the factor is 2. i agree. but it is like that if you have a sinusoidal current, am ia right?
you will have more power for a square wawe. but still it soesnt modfy the ecuation so mucg.
as an example of how wrong they are, i will say that my computer speakers(2x 5W+15W) are rated 700W, so what is wrong with this.
most of my friends wich dont know anything about electronics think that they really have 700W and draw that much power from the mains.
but think, the big speakers from the disco only reach that kind of power.

Now Bogdans speakers come to a multiplying factor of 23.33. See how these manufacturers cheat their customers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back