Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless fireworks igniter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve311

Hi all, its been a long time since ive been on here. im looking for some help with ideas on how to make a wireless remote igniter for fireworks. i typically use pic16f series uCs so was hoping to stick to that and an rf transmitter.. probably just create spark by burning up a 2ohm resistor connected to a match unless anyone has better ideas? does any one know of hobby projects or links to something similiar? Thanks in advance all..

Use heat , not a spark

I recall in my model rocket days we used 28-30 gauge nichrome wire to ignite the solid cartridge rocket fuel inserted in a hole.. Magnet wire may not be as reliable in a much lighter guage . Nichrome is thicker and has more resistance. as in toaster wire.
- glow plugs would be coiled , might be reusable. or disposable

In real rockets we called them Squids. with safety arming plugs. with remote relays.

This should ignite the starter match powder or wick easily.

Kid experiment: Wrapped a wire around a wooden match head. Since it was just an experiment, I used copper. Definitely not the right choice.

I was also going to suggest model rocket igniters. Any sort of e-fuse device would work as the electric igniter.

The tricky part I would think would be the wireless interface.

I believe the model rocket igniters were the same nichrome wire igniters i mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back