Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkc

i am a new member here.
can anyone helkp me in wireless system. i plan to do a wireless remote control, but i need to tranmite it with digital data with range of around 500m-1km. can any one send me the circuit and briefly explain it ? what i need is the tranmitter and reciever circuit. thank you :)

Your request is far to vague to provide a meaningful response. Try to refine your requirements so that we have some chance of helping you. You might want to think about a frequency band, from very long wave up into the millimeter wave region, you want to use. What kind of data rate are you thinking of? How much are you willing to spend? Do you have any test equipment? Do you have any relevant experience with circuits, electronics, or communications?

Also fill your location in! - is what you want to do legal where you live!, it's probably NOT in most countries. I would suggest you try looking for licence free radio modules sold in your country (they are country specific), you can usually find some (more expensive ones) with the range you're looking for.

ok, first of all, what i want to design is to control few device, but i decide to use a frequency only, so i need to transmite it as digital signal right? i prefer USF, is it a good frequency? if not, please help me.

You have to help us to help you by writing and explaining what you are trying to do in clear concise language. I have no idea what USF stands for. What does it mean?

i am sorry, typing error, i mean i prefer to use UHF. ok, i need to control few light and fan. i mean i want to switch on the light and fan few hundred meter far away. So i need a digital transmiter and reciever right ?

Yes, but I think it is going to be very expensive to control a few I/O points with a wireless link. I would start with a couple of modules to get an idea of distance and number of points.

Try this company's website
http://www.aerocomm.com/

you mean it going to be expensive because of the range tranmite?
let said just a range from 50m-200m?

It is going to be expensive because RF design is neither easy nor straightforward. To do it successfully requires a substantial investment of time, and a substantial investment of capital for equipment. Your initial success will be greatly enhanced by using off the shelf modules to get your feet wet and refine your requirements.

Yes, follow this link.
http://www.aerocomm.com/
I suggest the 900MHz. modules.
Please spend some time and read the user manual. I think these modules are a good value.

woo, that is nice. but it hard to get in Malaysia, and i need it for my project. is there any other suggestion ?

Maybe you could find a Malaysian graduate student here in the United States who would buy it for you and ship it back to you. The ones I know here are all fine fellows. Maybe that's not such a good idea; the Malaysian government agency in charge of communications might take a dim view of you and your friend importing RF communication modules, that are not authorized for use in Malaysia.

So tell me, what do you know about what is and is not legal in Malaysia with respect to transmitting RF signals? I understand they might cane you if you really annoy them.

One last question is: what can you get in Malaysia?

I guess you are out of luck. I checked the farnel website and did not find anything useful. I think you need to find a confederate to do your purchasing and exporting.

You appear to be spelling Farnell incorrectly, have a look at Farnell Malaysia for suitable RF modules, this is a search for RF Solutions
**broken link removed**

Or try a search for Radio Modules
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back