Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Comm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tussi

Hi. Can anyone help me figure out how i can build a wireless transmitter/receiver for my avr controllers. I need long range(1-2km), so i can't use the regular 433mhz. Can I use a pair of walkie talkies to transmitt/receive the uart signals?

You might want to check the regulations on this sort of thing, that are specific to where you live, if it is your intent to comply with the regulations. Some areas have restrictions on power, frequency, modulation methods and distance, among other things. Once you know the envelope you are working in you can go from there.

Someone here had suggested Linx as a possible source of transmitters and receivers. Their site is quite interesting and it appears that much of what they have to offer is very reasonable in cost.

I am going to use this transmitter far away from people, so i dont think so much about the regulations. I just need to transmitt the uart signal 1-3 km. I want to use it to communicate with a fast remote controlled boat. I live in norway. I cant find any project with long range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back