Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Cameras, outdoor Motion Detection, software, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronsimpson

Most Helpful Member
I am looking to get several wireless cameras. I think I want tilt, pan and zoom. (this way I can use less cameras)
I am looking at motion detection either in the camera or on a PC. (what software to use) "Blue Iris"
>Some camera software requires you to have a "cloud account" at $10/month.
>One of the BangGood cameras has motion detection over the full screen. You can not block out an area. Other cameras has up to three areas that are detected and the rest of the video is not looked at.
I want to look at my back pasture. One mile away there is a road. Cars and trucks with their light on will trip off the motion detection (I think).

Do any of you have outdoor cameras?
Any advice for me?
I have a Respberry Pi 3 and/or a PC that can be deticated to this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back