Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows 7 compatible USB serial RS232 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive a lot of usb serial converter no name and they are all win7 32 and 64 bit compatible. they need to have the ftdi chip which most of usb converter uses

I recently had a problem with the FTDI USB to Serial converter. It loads ok under WindozXT, the system can find it, HyperTerm can talk to it, but the MSCOMM widget in Visual Basic 6 cannot find it. Anybody have a fix for this?

I do not use FTDI at all. I do not like WIndoz USB to Serial software stack as it provides no real time.
This is my favorite:
SUb-20-R25
Well it is not a compatible solution and you can not use dumb HyperTerm but they supply for free a set of similar SUB-20 based tools that works very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back