Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wind power

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrikant sinnur

sir, i want to know about wind power genaration.

if i want to recharge a battey of 48volts 33a. what type of dynamo should use and waht will be the condotions like wind direction,wind power.ect
suppose if 48v is divided into 12vX4 no what will happen.and what will be sze of 44v dynamo.

First of all batteries are rated in Ampere Hours indicating how much amps they can give out per hour.Also for 33Amps you will need a big motor(look a a nice industrial motor).

As far as the 'knowledge about wind energy' is concerned

Let me google that for you

These ones i liked:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

First of all batteries are rated in Ampere Hours indicating how much amps they can give out per hour.

Wrong!

Ampere-hours is the product of current and time.
Which is NOT a current per hour, which would infer current divided by time.

A practical example.
A battery is rated at 50 AH (ampere-hour), this means that the battery will give 1 amp for 50 hours, or 5 amps for 10 hours, or 50 amps for 1 hour.
However, it is not a simple as that. As a general rule, the higher the current, the lower will be the ampere-hour rating.
If the manufacturer of our 50AH battery is careful with his specifications he may say the battery is rated 50AH (5amp rate).
Which means that the battery will supply 5 amps for 10hours.
If we do some tests we may find that we get 1 amp for 60hours, but 50 amps for only half an hour.

JimB

Wrong!

Ampere-hours is the product of current and time.
Which is NOT a current per hour, which would infer current divided by time.

A practical example.
A battery is rated at 50 AH (ampere-hour), this means that the battery will give 1 amp for 50 hours, or 5 amps for 10 hours, or 50 amps for 1 hour.
However, it is not a simple as that. As a general rule, the higher the current, the lower will be the ampere-hour rating.
If the manufacturer of our 50AH battery is careful with his specifications he may say the battery is rated 50AH (5amp rate).
Which means that the battery will supply 5 amps for 10hours.
If we do some tests we may find that we get 1 amp for 60hours, but 50 amps for only half an hour.

JimB

Thanks for your correction.I got the context wrong. Ofcourse the more current you drain from a battery(in rated current values), battery will discharge quickly.The per was meant that the battery would supply xx amperes for 1 hour.

Little harsh there Jimb? Amp hour ratings are not 'wrong' they're just based on a certain discharge rate. Obviously the one the maker rated their batteries at. Thinking a 48 volt battery rated at 33AH is going to deliver 33 amps for 1 hour is assumptive though.

Little harsh there Jimb? Amp hour ratings are not 'wrong' they're just based on a certain discharge rate.

Did you actually take the time to read ALL of my post, or did you just read the word "wrong" and hit the keyboard?

JimB

if i want to recharge battery 44v,33ah, while driving by using wind power,what type of genator i should use.
Think about this, if you have a wind generator fitted on the bike, it will create drag.
You will need more energy from somewhere to keep the bike moving.
Where will the energy come from? THE BATTERY!

You have just invented a perpetual motion machine.
OH, by the way, perpetual motion machines dont work, you need to rethink this idea.

is it possible combine wind and solar energy to recharge the battery.
Yes.

JimB

Your best off having the wind/ solar generator system permanently located and just charge the battery there.
I just switched generator blades on my home unit yesterday. They are 2.5 meters in dia and wont generate 750 watts untill nearly 20 KPH and they are the .49 rated high efficiency ones! That is they turn 49% of the available wind energy into electrical power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back