Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wind generator no longer up or running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a microcontroller in your GTI! Use it for timing, put an LCD display on it and show people how much they're earning off the utility.

Sorry my GTI's stay basically analog.
I do have one big one that I designed that does use a PLR as a safety logic watch dog. All it gets to do is change the range taps and monitor the line voltage and frequency.

It keeps its fingers out of the power control system. Monitor and do on/off, high, medium, and low input range selection. Thats its job and nothing else.

It does have the capacity to display the input and output currents, line voltage frequency, and currents, and report what mode its in but I have not bothered to do the LCD programing to display any of it.
I like the big 3.5 digit LED displays better!

Well I found the new style of blades that Wind Max is making. They are the same part numbers as the old ones but have a -WH following the part number.
Their descriptions put new manufacturing facilities, individual testing procedures, and tight quality control in big bold type now too!
Maybe that means they actually learned something from the old design!;)

The original blades have a 5 year life expectancy but the new ones are rated for 15 years. They also have nylon fiber reinforcement in the fiberglass and an auto furling design with a rating of 134 MPH for peak wind speed survivability! :)

SO I will try one more set of them and see if I can bust them too! :D

I think I will go with the 13.1 ft set this time. They have a 3500 watt peak capacity and cost about $260 with shipping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back